Camp green this festival season
Summer showers, cold winds, rivers of mud, interspersed with beautiful sunshine, shallow dance moves and electronic beats: living at the rhythm of the seasons in just one weekend, those are the days of the Belgian summer raves.
Are you planning on a full Paradise weekend but not sure where to sleep yet between three days of music? Stay with us at the PARADISE INN on the colourful premises of the Ribaucourt castle and experience our unique eco-camping, which is part of Paradise City’s green initiative.
Paradise City’s camping facility is 100% green and eco-responsible. As much fun as festivals are, any large gathering of people is going to leave a carbon footprint.
Each year, litter-picking crews collect about 1.500 tonnes of waste after a festival weekend. Replace the dancing humans with a thousand abandoned tent skeletons and green grass with plastic bottles and metal scraps, and you got an apocalyptic view straight out of the Walking Dead.
At Paradise we care about our beautiful planet Earth, we aim to preserve nature and embrace a leave-no-trace and zero-carbon-footprint attitude. Which is why we encourage you to go keep your festival experience as sustainable as possible and go-green with us.
Eco tents are the new hit!
After last year’s success, we are renewing our collaboration with Kartent “the palace of cardboard heroes” and taking the eco-friendly camping experience to the top.
Kartent is a small Dutch start-up distributing recyclable tents, made of 100% cardboard and revolutionizing festival camping. The Tents are water-resistant and Festival-proofed. Any citizen camping at the festival receives a kartent (fits 2 persons). Just bring your usual camping gear but leave the tent at home (more room for beer right?). Your cardboard-palace will be all set and waiting for you at your camping spot.
What’s more, you can draw on it and customise it tribe-style (highly recommended after 12 hours of dancing and eco-cup collecting, as you better don’t enter the wrong tent for your good night’s rest).
At the end of the weekend, clean behind yourself using the recycling bins, the festival crew will fold back your cardboard-home while you enjoy a last hangover morning-coffee (help is always appreciated tho!). The used tents will be picked-up by the guys of Kartent for recycling into new romantic materials (such as toilet paper and books).
Here are our top-tips to camp green at Paradise City
- A reusable water bottle is your friend: because water is life! Unlimited refill with Paradise City’s filtered tap water,
- Leave no trace: Pick-up the trash behind you, use our free portable ashtrays, recycle bins (plastic, paper, other waste) and compost, we won’t even know you were there.
- Sleep warm: Cardboard tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat – check! But ever noticed how the Belgian grass is always humid even during sunny days? Bring a survival blanket to keep the floor warm and isolated during your sleep and morning meditation.
- Eat well: A stove, a cocktail shaker, a beer holder… AND fresh food (why not try out a local market on your way to the festival?). For ultimate laziness, our affordable gastronomic food-trucks provide for meat-free alternatives all weekend-long, view on the castle included.
- Shower responsibly: The camp-site is equipped with hot showers. Trade some wake-up time under the shower for a hot coffee and save some water.
- Make art: use color pens and spray cans to customize your home.
- Relax: Just bring your toothbrush (and maybe some other accessories), enjoy the music and chill!
What’s not (hot):
- Avoid disposable items: plastic bottles, plastic straws, plastic cutlery, individually packaged food (like salt and pepper), … Limit waste and prefer reusable crockery and cutlery.
- No pipi in the bushes, fields, trees and flowers… please use the toilets, save the trees! (nature does NOT feast on it, believe us).
- Don’t split your drinks inside your cardboard tent, unless you don’t mind some grass-découpage on the floor. Empty your sodas at the water waste dispenser (or drink them?)
Book your camping ticket here!
Thank You & Credit Refund
The biggest advantage of the Paradise City Wristband is that we can give you all the credits […]
Morning Yoga inspiration at Paradise Inn Camping
Take your nose out of your waterproof cardboard home and join the class. Our gentle yoga flow […]
Download the Paradise City App and win a trip to New York
Discover the full timetable, listen to music from the artist on the line-up, discover the easiest […]
Use your Uber discount code to come to Paradise City!
Uber, the mobile app that connects riders with drivers in more than 450 cities worldwide, is […]
Share a Zipcar!
Hundreds of cars are readily available in the streets of Brussels. You can simply open them […]
Tsjing: The Paradise City Butler Service
Use the Tsjing app whenever you don’t feel like making your way over to the bar, […]
Stage-host Roots of Minimal: Creating a sense of family
Turn up the volume to discover the sounds and artists of Roots of Minimal at Paradise […]
Stage-host KetaLoco: 10 years of crazy vibes!
Created ten years ago in 2007 and originated from Leuven, KetaLoco is the early (first) adaptor […]
Paradise City Story: Secrets of the Castle of Perk-Ribaucourt
The First Heir *** Once upon a time in the early 1600s, there was a young […]
Sofie Dumont “Paradise City is both beautiful and good for your belly and your ears.”
It’s on a sunny week day that I met Sofie in Halle, a lovely city just fifteen […]
Stage-host Nico Morano: “Paradise City brings like-minded souls and people together.”
Belgium’s favourite House DJ has toured much across the country and worldwide since his early debuts […]
Lose yourself in the Paradise City music
At Paradise City we book a lot of artists that we believe produce great music and […]
Paradise City helps you find a great babysitter!
Download Bsit, the collaborative babysitting app (Appstore | Playstore), and benefit from our promo code: PCFEST2017 […]
Stage-host LOVE: Making the artists feel at home
Everything started twenty years ago, when at just 17 years old, Renaud Deru took his first […]
Become an Ambassador of Paradise City!
What does being an ambassador get me? If you sell 8 tickets to your friends you’ll […]
New in: the comfort experience at Paradise City!
Enjoy the festival just like you usually would, but with a touch of comfort on top. […]
Be part of Paradise City Crew!
Are you the perfect bartender? Can you welcome our Citizens with biggest smile ever or you […]
A musical guide about our first 7 names
John Talabot John is a really skilled DJ from Catalonia, he is a headliner at some […]
Restaurant by Chef Sofie Dumont
Chef Sofie Dumont will dedicate her expertise to running the restaurant area. Guests will be served […]
Our Camping: the Paradise Inn
This year our festival will already open its doors on friday. Like last year you can […]
Ticket sales are live!
Dear Citizens, Some important news you need to know if you want to acquire a ticket […]